Gear Jack Wing Tube Supports — What they do for you.
In airplanes with wing tubes it's pretty certain that the structure around the wing tube is the strongest part of the fuselage. After all, the airplane 'hangs' from the wing tube during flight. So the larger and heavier the airplane is, securing it for transport using a dummy wing tube makes good sense. It keeps the wheels off the ground and avoids any stress on the landing gear. And Wing Tube supports are fast and easy to load because the dummy wing tube 'nests' into them, letting you secure the rubber hold down straps when you're ready.
Gear Jack Wing Tube Supports accommodate a wide range of wing tube diameters — from 5/8" [16mm] to 2-1/4" [57mm]. And short, dummy wing tubes can be made from PVC pipe, aluminum tubing, or wood dowels. Gear Jack Wing Tube Supports ship with 6" long lifting tubes. You can check out the maximum height (reach) on the Tech Specs page here. If you need more reach, longer lifting tubes are available here.
If you decide to use Wing Tube supports we recommend also using a Gear Jack Tail Support. You'll notice that when you have your airplane sitting in the Wing Tube supports the tail will come off the ground very easily (it should if the CG is right!). Whether it's a Gear Jack or your own invention, you'll need to secure the tail.
- Four degrees of freedom make it easy to reach wing tubes or spars on almost any aircraft type, shape, or size.
- Padded Wing Tube Support Plate adds 'cushion' and accommodates wing tubes from 5/8" to 2-1/4" diameter.
- Soft, grippy, EPDM rubber straps wrap tightly around the wing tube to hold it securely.
- Fits perfectly on Gladiator® Gear Track — one set up can accommodate many different airplanes.
- Reconfigure your Gear Jacks in just minutes when you need to secure a different airplane.
Kit (assembly required) Includes:
- Standard 6" tall powder-coated aluminum Stanchion Brackets.
- Standard length 6" Lifting Tubes (longer lifting tubes are available).
- Wing Tube Support Brackets with 2-1/2" wide, Â¾" thick closed cell foam pads and EPDM rubber straps.
- Rust and corrosion resistant hardware.
- Download Assembly Instructions here.
Optional Accessories You Might Find Useful:
- Tee Knobs — Add these thumb screw knobs to your Gear Jacks and make adjustments without tools
- Hex Key Kit — The three Hex Keys used in assembling and adjusting Gear Jacks System Components
- Long and Extra Long Lifting Tubes — Extend the reach of your Gear Jacks for larger or taller airplanes
- Mounting Screw Kit — Truss head tapping screws to mount your Gear Jacks to wood, metal or plastic
- Build A Bungee Kit — Make custom length, padded bungees to tie down your airplane's tail
- Soft Strap Kit — Secure delicate fuselages with this strong yet soft 3" wide neoprene strap
- Gladiator® Gear Track Hardware — Mount a set of three Gear Jacks on Gladiator® Gear Track
- Gladiator® Gear Track Joining Plate — Lock two sections of Gladiator® Gear Track in a 'Tee' to create an portable hold-down system for Trucks and SUVs
- Gladiator® Gear Track Cross Tee Joining Plate — Mount a pair of Fuselage supports on perpendicular sections of Gladiator® Gear Track to make your Jet setup accommodate different models
Learn More About Gear Jacks