Supporting an RC turbine jet or large RC warbird requires at least three, and often four, points of support. The typical setup starts with a pair of Fuselage Support Assemblies mid-way along the fuselage located near the wing root. Then, depending on the size and configuration of the plane, you'll want at least one more support at the nose or tail. With large planes you'll want to support
both the nose and the tail.
That's where the DIY Fuselage Support Brackets come in. The shape of the fuselage, at the point where you want to support the nose or tail, varies from model to model. DIY Fuselage Brackets let you custom bend a 'cradle' to perfectly match your aircraft. There are three sizes of Brackets: 12", 16", and 20". Choose the length you need based on the size of the fuselage. Remember, you'll also need a Headless Stanchion Assembly to support the DIY Bracket.
The photo above shows a GJ-DIY-FSB-16 Fuselage Support Bracket that has been custom bent to fit the nose of a jet. The bracket is attached to a Headless Stanchion Assembly
and the fuselage is secured to the bracket with an SSA-40 Soft Strap
- 3" wide padded bracket protects the fuselage by spreading the weight over a large area.
- Bracket can be mounted either perpendicular or parallel to fuselage.
- 1/16" thick 5052 aluminum bracket provides plenty of support but is still easy to bend by hand.
- Download Assembly Instructions here.
Kit (assembly required) Includes:
- Easy-to-hand-bend powder-coated aluminum Bracket, 2-1/2" x 20" x 1/16".
- Clevis halves and clevis mounting screws.
- Two 3" wide, ¾” thick closed cell foam pads.
- Double sided, high-tech mounting tape grips foam and powder-coated surfaces.
- NOTE: This Bracket does not include a Headless Stanchion Assembly which must be ordered separately.