Gear Jack Strut Support Replacement Pads
After a while the foam pads may become permanently compressed. In that case they won't provide as much cushion as a fresh set. Changing them out is easy.
- Remove the old foam pad from the metal plate. Remove enough of the foam so that only the tape and a thin layer of foam remains.
- Don't use solvents or tools to remove the old mounting tape. Instead, hold the metal plate between your forefinger and thumb, with your thumb at the edge of the old tape/foam residue. Press down with your thumb and push and rub the tape layer away from your hand. The tape will 'roll up' across the surface.
- When all the tape and foam are removed, wipe the metal surface with rubbing alcohol or a similar solvent to remove any remaining tape residue.
- Remove the printed liner from one side of the double-sided mounting tape and place it on the metal plate so that the margins around the tape are even.
- Remove the remaining liner from the mounting tape.
- Carefully align the foam pad over the metal plate, keeping the margins around the metal plate even, then press the foam pad onto the metal plate.
- Two 2" x 3" x 3/4" thick closed cell foam pads.
- Two pieces double sided high-tech mounting tape (grips foam and powder-coated surfaces).
Learn More About Gear Jacks